Thursday, October 31, 2013 WTES would like to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Halloween. Be sure to look for us tonight out in the community passing out some treats. Here are some safety tips from our Friends at the WTPD.
From Westampton Police
Halloween tips for Westampton Twp Residents. The hours are until 9:00 pm on October 31, 2013.
1. Make sure your children carry a glow stick or flashlight and wear bright or reflective clothing.
2. Always use crosswalks, never cross streets between parked vehicles or diagonally across intersections.
3. Make sure your children do not go inside stranger’s homes.
4. Avoid …trick-or-treating alone, go with a friend or in a group. Younger children should be accompanied by a trusted adult.
5. Make sure your children know never to approach vehicles and to stay alert for suspicious incidents.
6. Check all candy before allowing your kids to eat them. Parents, discard any homemade or unwrapped treats.
7. Masks can impair or block your little goblin’s eyesight. Ensure that your children’s masks fit properly or consider using non-toxic makeup.
8. Only trick-or-treat at houses where the lights are on.
9. While driving through your neighborhoods, use extra care and drive slowly!
10. Consider attending or organizing a party in your home, school, or community center as an alternative to trick-or-treating.
11. Map your route before going out and have a plan for what to do in case you get separated.
12. Teach your children to draw attention to themselves if anyone should try to grab them. Tell them to make every effort to escape by walking, running, pulling away, yelling, kicking, or otherwise attracting attention.
13. Any and all suspicious activity should be reported to police immediately by calling 911.